Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Insanity of Yard Sales

While I sit here in bed, my beautiful wife is scouring our house at midnight trying to scrounge up the last bits of our "junk" so she can try to make a buck or two tomorrow.  She has gotten a little feisty about this yard sale of hers.  Apparently, I haven't shown a sufficient amount of interest in waking up before the rooster crows, driving to all local corners to install "Yard Sale" signs as I wipe the sleep from my eyes, and investing half of my Saturday trying to convince some cheapskate to pay 50 cents for something I got for 30 bucks.  I can already imagine wrapping the thing up at noon tomorrow, exhausted, but celebrating the $60 we managed to rake in for both of us working 6-8 hours.  Then, we'll still have just as much junk to haul somewhere else.  I can't wait!

However, there is some silver lining to the event.  The yard sale idea spawned from the need to clear space for another crib for our second little girl, arriving sometime around August 1, so we're getting pretty excited.  The time is near, and I believe Stefanie may be nesting.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Well, we topped out at about $100, and we're ready to fold. I can't stress enough that it was all junk, though. It amazes me what people will buy.

    ReplyDelete