Saturday, August 13, 2011

Life with a Newborn and a Toddler

It's been almost two weeks since our second little girl (Bella) was born (8/1/2011). We must have prepared ourselves for the worst, because the first week really hasn't been as tough as expected. We've managed to make time for both of them separately and individually, a little time for the two of us, and we don't look like zombies yet. I'd say that's about as good as you can expect at this point.


We had anticipated a little jealousy from "you know who", but that really hasn't manifested itself at all. Abby has been an amazing big sister for a 21 month old. She already loves Bella so much it brings a tear to my eye. She always wants to hold her, feed her, fetch diapers for her, and whatever she thinks will help us with Bella. She doesn't get jealous when we hold, or otherwise tend to her... and that's been a blessing.

I can't say enough about how great Stefanie has been either. We've really made a great team. She does the nighttime feedings with Bella (I'm biologically incapable at this point), and I get up early with Abby and put her to bed at night. Abby and I handle the errands, and Stefanie and I allow each other to have time with each of the girls together and separately. This is how marriage was intended when God created it. I'm thankful for a wonderful wife and two amazing little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment